Slate tiles are natural materials for roofing known for fire resistant characteristics and adds architectural character to a house. Unfortunately these have delicacy in installation and upkeep, one wrong move by someone who doesn’t know much about roofing can break the tiles.
Wapiti Enterprise’s team of roof experts installs and repairs slate roofing with skill and experience. Slate tiles have been used as construction materials particularly for roofs and exterior siding for years. The fire resistant characteristic of the natural tile and aesthetics draw designers and homeowners alike to the material. We are a professional slate roofing contractor in Castle Rock, CO. and will walk you through the pros and cons of a slate roof.
Switching to a slate roofing system for added protection and style to your home takes a lot of consideration. As a slate roofing contractor in Castle Rock, CO., we explain to clients that it has several pros aside from the beauty it adds to the house. There are also con’s or disadvantage that should be considered well. Here is the list of pros and cons of slate tile roofing:
- Slate tiles last longer than other tiles or other roofing materials such as asphalt or wood shingles. These can last for 100 years or more if the roof is properly constructed from the framework structure and underlayment.
- It is the most fire resistant roofing material. If you are concerned about forest fires, fireworks or fire from neighboring houses, slate tile roof will give you the peace of mind. The natural stone’s best characteristic is fire resistant quality.
- Slate tiles are environmentally friendly as natural materials, cutting the slate rock to tiles consumes less energy than manufacturing metal roofs or clay tiles. These also don’t waste away in landfills. In fact, these comprise only 5% of roofing materials discarded as these last longer.
- A major consideration is the weight. The tiles weigh heavier than other roofing materials, weighing 800 to 1500 pounds per 100 square feet. Slate roofing contractor in Castle Rock, CO. will inspect and evaluate the existing roof structure if reinforcement is necessary.
- Another con for the tiles is installation, it’s not easy to install compared to shingles and your slate roofing contractor in Castle Rock, CO. should have the skill and experience in the delicacy of putting the tiles and ensuring the safety as well as efficacy of the roofing system.
- Fragility of the tiles is a major setback especially once it is installed. These should not be walked on by anyone who doesn’t know how to walk on a slate roof.
Once you’ve decided to replace your existing roofing system, look for the expert slate roofing contractor in Castle Rock, CO. Wapiti Enterprise is your best bet in installing and repairing slate roofing. We’ve done it for 29 years, committed in giving you the excellent service and quality roofing materials.
Wapiti Enterprises will walk you through the choices and guide you on the best plan for your roofing system…we offer many affordable roofing options in Castle Rock, CO.
Take the best plan of action and call Wapiti Enterprises and we’ll take care of the rest.
We are here to serve you, and solve all your slate roofing repair needs.
Contact us today at (303) 921-2358.